Manor House Quarterly, an international magazine of art and literature, is now publishing yearly letterpress-printed chapbooks via two channels: an open reading period (September), and a discovery prize for emerging authors (March).
During the month of September, Manor House will be accepting chapbook-length manuscripts in poetry and prose for publication. The editors of Manor House Quarterly will select up to two manuscripts for publication in both letterpress-printed and digital formats. The chapbook(s) will be advertised in Manor House Quarterly and distributed via our website.
Submissions in poetry should fall within the range of 12 - 24 pages, while submissions in prose should not exceed 6,400 words. A $20 processing and reading fee will be charged with each entry. In return, all submitters will receive a free one-year digital subscription to Manor House Quarterly (a $17.99 value; limit one person).
Additionally, as stated above, we would appreciate any help in extending this opportunity to more authors. Share this link to their Facebook or Twitter and enter to win a free print and digital subscription to MHQ (see details above).
OPEN READING PERIOD - SEPTEMBER 2013
- In September, we will read chapbook-length manuscripts in poetry and prose for publication.
- Manuscripts will be selected by the editors of Manor House Quarterly.
- Each manuscript will be submitted through our online submission portal, via submittable, between September 1, 2013 and before midnight PST on October 15, 2013.
- Poetry manuscripts should not exceed 24 pages for poetry and 6,400 words for prose. Few exceptions will be made.
You may include your bio, acknowledgements, and/or publishing history if you would like.
- Please include a separate cover letter with your contact information: name, title of manuscript, physical address, phone number, and email so that we can reach you if we need.
- We will notify you of our decision by December 15, 2013 via email. Please email us directly at email@example.com if you do not hear from us by this date. We will not be able to offer any critique to submitted manuscripts.
- Upon being reviewed, published author(s) will receive 20 copies and 20% of the profit earned on each copy sold.
- If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCOVER PRIZE FOR EMERGING AUTHORS - MARCH 2014
More information to be released on November 15, 2013.
Share this page with your friends! We look forward to reading your work!
Please contact us with your questions: